Word on the street is Valentine’s Day is not just about romance anymore. It’s also a great day to highlight the special bonds between female friends, also known as Galentine’s Day. Here at Holly & Tanager, we are very excited to be spending February 13th celebrating each other at the office. Heart-shaped doughnuts anyone? If you and your gal pals are planning a get-together in the near future, we’d love to share some ideas on how to celebrate.
- Bring the “bar” home. Host a dinner where the food and beverages are all served bar style. For example, a make-your-own martini bar for cocktail hour complete with some easy recipes to follow, a build-your-own taco bar for dinner, and conclude it with an ice cream sundae bar for dessert.
- A gift exchange. We all have heard about Secret Santa, but did you know about Covert Cupid? Have each gal pal blindly pick another’s name, set a price limit, and gather together to exchange and then guess who the gift giver is.
- Homemade Valentine’s for our women in the Service. Get the girls together and break out the craft box for an evening of creating cute cards to send to military women who are currently serving overseas. If you don’t know any women personally, use the power of social media to collect APO/FPO addresses.
- Have an old-fashioned sleepover. Sometimes it’s fun to take it back to basics. That could mean a simple sleepover like you and your best friend used to do back in the day. Put on your PJs, watch your favorite movies, and dish about what's going on in your lives.
- P.Y.O.P. Head out to one of many paint-your-own-pottery places. Some even let you B.Y.O.B. (just call ahead first). Friendship necklaces? How about friendship mugs!
However you choose to celebrate your best ladies, we hope you have an “awe”-inspiring Galentine’s Day!
Holly & Tanager