Our team member Betsy recently got married (Congratulations Betsy and Rafael!) and went on a stunning honeymoon to Fiji. While those of us at home in Chicago lived vicariously through her as she enjoyed paradise, we got to thinking. What are our go-to items and go-to bag for traveling, daytime, and date night?
Being a team that is particularly passionate about bags, we’ll start there. The Explorer instantly came to mind as the bag would shine bright when put to the test of airport travel, sightseeing, and dressing up for dinner. Betsy brought her’s to Fiji and said the Explorer’s versatile 3-in-1 design freed up extra space in her suitcase since she only needed to bring one bag. In crossbody mode, it can be worn in a fold-over envelope style and extended, to add more verticle space. And, with a removable crossbody strap, all you have to do is unhook on either side and carry as a roomy and elegant clutch.
So, what goes in it? We compiled a few of our favorite items to include in your bag that we’ve found, combined with a powerhouse bag, make traveling a breeze.
- Besides the absolute essential (passport, earbuds, and reading material) we’ve found a good way to pass the time on a plane is to do all the self-pampering that requires you to “take 15-20 min to relax” which, if you’re anything like us, isn’t something that comes easily in day-to-day life.
- Gel eye patches are subtle enough not to scare your seat partners but will deliver de-puffing and hydrating gel directly to your "unchecked bags".
- An extra hydrating lip balm is a must have to keep your lips hydrated as well (peach flavor gives us vacation vibes).
- Hand sanitizer is an absolute must on the plane. We bring a mini, lavender scented one that easily clears the 3 oz rule and has a calming scent.
- For long days walking around, or even just lying by the pool, it’s nice to have everything you might need in one compact package.
- A sunscreen setting mist is a super lightweight way to touch up your sunscreen without getting greasy.
- A mini deodorant helps keep you smelling fresh and takes up hardly any space.
- A portable charger keeps you from panic situations when your phone dies, leaving you without a GPS, important information, or a selfie-friendly camera.
For night time:
- We tend to carry less for dinner and night looks, but the sleek clutch style of the Explorer is easy to carry the few things we want to keep on us.
- Rollerball perfumes almost always meet the carry on requirements for packing and are super easy to throw in your bag for freshening your scent.
- Your favorite vibrant lipstick that's easy to throw on is a must for vacation.
- Waterproof mascara is super helpful to resist humidity, sweat, and swimming.
Betsy and Rafael’s honeymoon looked like an absolute blast and we’re so happy she reported that the Explorer was the perfect bag to take with. We’ve included some shots from her vacation and let me tell you - we’re already planning our next trip to Fiji.